Skip to main content

Transport Fever 3 Giveaway

To celebrate the release of  Transport Fever 3  I am giving away a PC key for the Deluxe Edition of the game on any of the main platforms - Steam, Epic, or GOG! Terms and Conditions General The Ajaxpost Plays Transport Fever 3 Giveaway ( the Giveaway ) is a lottery run exclusively by the Ajaxpost Plays YouTube Channel ( Ajaxpost Plays ) All the terms described here are in addition to the standard terms and conditions applied by Gleam.io and YouTube for all giveaways run on their platform. YouTube, Bluesky, Instagram, Twitter, X, and any other platforms used to advertise or promote the Giveaway do not sponsor the Giveaway and are in no way responsible or liable for any aspect of the operation of the Giveaway There will ONE winner who shall be gifted ONE key for Transport Fever 3 Deluxe Edition on the PC platform of their choice: The winning Entrant must have an eligible account on their preferred platform, Steam, Epic, or GOG with which to rece...

On This Day: 14th April

The Lockdown continues, we're still confined to our own homes and with the people we share the space with. Except for carefully managed essential trips out social activity has become almost entirely virtual.

Remembering the times when we could meet people in the flesh, so in those times what did I do on April 14th...

in 2008

Having never read the classic Philip Pullman novels and only seen the Golden Compass film released the previous year, I had no idea quite where the story would go when I saw His Dark Materials at the Theatre Royal Bath. It was also my first experience of a youth company, in this case the Theatre Royal Bath Young People's Theatre.

An all-round impressive production both in design and performance, the huge cast were clearly at home on the main stage of this historic theatre. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the show I was also taken aback by the sharp twists in the story that, having only seen the film, I was quite unprepared for.

in 2016

One of the great joys of theatre is the ability to witness and learn from completely different stories and life experiences.

Just the day before I had been party to the dark, visceral, immersive staging of Trainspotting in caverns beneath Bristol's old train station. Then, today, I was sat in a comfortable seat at one of Britain's finest Georgian theatres to see a story about Shakespeare's daughter!

While also a restorative treat after the excesses of Trainspotting, The Herbal Bed at the Theatre Royal Bath was, at the same time, a powerful indictment of unchallenged state power exercising control over every detail of a person's life.




in 2017

When I saw La Strada at the Bristol Old Vic I hadn't heard of Sally Cookson. A couple of years before she, with her company, had created a four hour, two part, production of Jane Eyre that got a lot of positive reviews. That show, Jane Eyre, would come back, slimmed by an hour and was even broadcast online by the National Theatre during The Lockdown, when I got top see it, and it was magnificent!

The year after seeing La Strada, in 2108, I saw her production of A Monster Calls, now one of my all-time favourite shows. Now, having seen three productions that she has created and directed, I can see the similarities in approach and style, it's something that has become more common, a greater use of movement and abstraction that strip back the story to it's essentials that both focus more on the key elements of the central story but also allow the audience to make more direct connections to their own experience of the world.

All that said, I actually found La Strada disappointing. Perhaps I wasn't ready, wasn't attuned to Cookson's style, the design and staging were exquisite and while there definitely some emotionally resonant moments as a whole I just didn't connect with either the main characters or their journey.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Audi TT Mk1 Rebuild

  Barn Find I've suspended my CMS21 series for the time being, it may return for occasional one-off specials or if enough viewers demand it! So, while I'm still playing and enjoying the game I thought I would continue to share some of my favourite jobs with you, at least in pictorial form. Thus first one is an Audi TT Mk1 that I found in a barn. The vehicle is a mod created by Bostonawy and includes some wonderful livery choices, as you'll see at the end of this post. So, this is the car I brought back to my Numpty The Car Fixer garage:   As you can see it's in pretty good condition, well, apart from the mechanicals!  For such a quality brand, and at less than £14,000, I was happy to take away this sporty little number as a restoration project. Apart from the accumulated dirt and dust, the body was generally in good shape. For this job, I didn't go overboard on performance, just some tweaking of the ignition and fuel systems but I made sure that some key compone...

Ajaxpost Plays August 2020 Giveaway

Completed! This draw has now been completed and the winners announced: Thank you to everyone who took part! Terms and Conditions General The Ajaxpost Plays August 2020 Giveaway ( the Giveaway ) is a lottery run exclusively by the Ajaxpost Plays YouTube Channel ( Ajaxpost Plays ) YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and any other platforms used to advertise or promote the Giveaway do not sponsor the Giveaway and are in no way responsible or liable for any aspect of the operation of the Giveaway TWO winners may each select ONE of FIVE rewards made available for the Giveaway : The first drawn winner will have the option to choose any ONE of the five rewards The second drawn winner will have the option to choose any ONE of the remaining four rewards Prizes are not exchangeable for any other cash or non-cash benefit If a selected winner does not claim their reward within five days of the result being announced ...

A Retrospective on March

This post was going to be mostly a summary of the activity on my YouTube channel in March but I thought I really should address the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and, umm,  got a bit carried away!  You can avoid my ranting about what has happened by scrolling down to the next headline. 😉  The 'Situation' It took a while for us here in the UK to realise but March was the month that everything changed ! After two weeks of 'lockdown' we're becoming accustomed to a new way of life, isolated in our own homes, either alone or with immediate family we are effectively confined within our homes. Unable to physically meet anyone we don't live with, unable to enjoy of the pleasures that come with socialising with our various communities. And then there is the 'knock-on' impact that has on the economy, the businesses, the organisations and institutions that have become an integral part of our way of life. Our governments may try to protect the bedrock comp...