Skip to main content

Transport Fever 3 Giveaway

To celebrate the release of  Transport Fever 3  I am giving away a PC key for the Deluxe Edition of the game on any of the main platforms - Steam, Epic, or GOG! Terms and Conditions General The Ajaxpost Plays Transport Fever 3 Giveaway ( the Giveaway ) is a lottery run exclusively by the Ajaxpost Plays YouTube Channel ( Ajaxpost Plays ) All the terms described here are in addition to the standard terms and conditions applied by Gleam.io and YouTube for all giveaways run on their platform. YouTube, Bluesky, Instagram, Twitter, X, and any other platforms used to advertise or promote the Giveaway do not sponsor the Giveaway and are in no way responsible or liable for any aspect of the operation of the Giveaway There will ONE winner who shall be gifted ONE key for Transport Fever 3 Deluxe Edition on the PC platform of their choice: The winning Entrant must have an eligible account on their preferred platform, Steam, Epic, or GOG with which to rece...

Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Plymouth Fury 'Christine'

Barn Find

For the second of my 'off camera' rebuilds, I taking on a car that is not only iconic but also infamous ... The 1958 Plymouth Fury known as 'Christine'!
 
Another barn find, the Fury is a mod created by Fulysic and includes many features you'll recognise from the film.

Anyway, this is what she looked like when I got her back to the Numpty The Car Fixer garage:
 
As is often the way with Barn finds, the frame and bodywork are in pretty good shape, it's just all the mechanicals that need a lot of work!

Even so, it was nota  cheap acquisition but I'm hoping that some love and care will be rewarded with a healthy profit. 
 
My intention with this project is to restore 'Christine' to her former glory, but with just a little extra power under the bonnet.

The engine was in a sorry state so it was a case of taking it all apart and rebuilding it from scratch.

The restoration keeps the original V8 OHV 6P but with a modest performance increase to the fuel and ignition systems.

As you can see, we achieved a rather nice 40% increase in performance. I used a standard gearbox which may have limited the final top speed, but I think any new owner will be quite happy with what we've done.





As usual, I start the repaint job with the famous Ajaxpost Orange, and it does look good in a number of finishes but, remembering that this is 'Christine' here, we should check out the official Christine livery as well.

The mottled red looks good but, to be honest, I much prefer a solid red colour.so that's what I go with in the end, though I do resist the temptation to go 'chrome'!  Check out the short video below to see the colour selection process I went through.

Finally, the last thing to check for any prospective buyers, the top speed our restored beauty can achieve.

Check the short video below to see what our improved V8 engine delivered.
 

And with all our testing done, we need a few publicity photos and we can sell or lovely 'Christine' for a nice fat profit!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Audi TT Mk1 Rebuild

  Barn Find I've suspended my CMS21 series for the time being, it may return for occasional one-off specials or if enough viewers demand it! So, while I'm still playing and enjoying the game I thought I would continue to share some of my favourite jobs with you, at least in pictorial form. Thus first one is an Audi TT Mk1 that I found in a barn. The vehicle is a mod created by Bostonawy and includes some wonderful livery choices, as you'll see at the end of this post. So, this is the car I brought back to my Numpty The Car Fixer garage:   As you can see it's in pretty good condition, well, apart from the mechanicals!  For such a quality brand, and at less than £14,000, I was happy to take away this sporty little number as a restoration project. Apart from the accumulated dirt and dust, the body was generally in good shape. For this job, I didn't go overboard on performance, just some tweaking of the ignition and fuel systems but I made sure that some key compone...

Ajaxpost Plays August 2020 Giveaway

Completed! This draw has now been completed and the winners announced: Thank you to everyone who took part! Terms and Conditions General The Ajaxpost Plays August 2020 Giveaway ( the Giveaway ) is a lottery run exclusively by the Ajaxpost Plays YouTube Channel ( Ajaxpost Plays ) YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and any other platforms used to advertise or promote the Giveaway do not sponsor the Giveaway and are in no way responsible or liable for any aspect of the operation of the Giveaway TWO winners may each select ONE of FIVE rewards made available for the Giveaway : The first drawn winner will have the option to choose any ONE of the five rewards The second drawn winner will have the option to choose any ONE of the remaining four rewards Prizes are not exchangeable for any other cash or non-cash benefit If a selected winner does not claim their reward within five days of the result being announced ...

A Retrospective on March

This post was going to be mostly a summary of the activity on my YouTube channel in March but I thought I really should address the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and, umm,  got a bit carried away!  You can avoid my ranting about what has happened by scrolling down to the next headline. 😉  The 'Situation' It took a while for us here in the UK to realise but March was the month that everything changed ! After two weeks of 'lockdown' we're becoming accustomed to a new way of life, isolated in our own homes, either alone or with immediate family we are effectively confined within our homes. Unable to physically meet anyone we don't live with, unable to enjoy of the pleasures that come with socialising with our various communities. And then there is the 'knock-on' impact that has on the economy, the businesses, the organisations and institutions that have become an integral part of our way of life. Our governments may try to protect the bedrock comp...