Skip to main content

Transport Fever 3 Giveaway

To celebrate the release of  Transport Fever 3  I am giving away a PC key for the Deluxe Edition of the game on any of the main platforms - Steam, Epic, or GOG! Terms and Conditions General The Ajaxpost Plays Transport Fever 3 Giveaway ( the Giveaway ) is a lottery run exclusively by the Ajaxpost Plays YouTube Channel ( Ajaxpost Plays ) All the terms described here are in addition to the standard terms and conditions applied by Gleam.io and YouTube for all giveaways run on their platform. YouTube, Bluesky, Instagram, Twitter, X, and any other platforms used to advertise or promote the Giveaway do not sponsor the Giveaway and are in no way responsible or liable for any aspect of the operation of the Giveaway There will ONE winner who shall be gifted ONE key for Transport Fever 3 Deluxe Edition on the PC platform of their choice: The winning Entrant must have an eligible account on their preferred platform, Steam, Epic, or GOG with which to rece...

On This Day: 13th April

Shocked to discover that I have no record of ever doing anything on April 12th ... well not for the last dozen or so years anyway!

Thankfully, 13th April is different and I can tell that:

in 2008

I was delighted to be able to witness the phenomenon that is John Otway aboard Bristol's famous floating venue the Thekla.

Shortly after I moved to this part of the world I discovered an quite unique comedy, music and theatre venue knows as the Old Profanity Showboat. It didn't last very long but provided a location for many strange and entertaining nights out. The story didn't end and, Bristol being Bristol, the eccentric venue on an an old boat was saved and known simply as the Thekla has been an integral part of the city's nightlife since 2006.

And John Otway? Known as "Rock and Roll's Greatest Failure", a unique and charismatic artist who has created some magnificent pop tunes since the 1970s. An ideal fit with the the Thekla.

As with all great gigs, it was hot, sweaty, and joyous. He's still touring!

For anyone unfamiliar with either Otway or the Thekla, these videos should give you some insight.
John Otway in 2008:

The story of the Thekla's arrival in Bristol:


in 2016

Bristol is blessed with several unusual and atmospheric venues with an unexpected history. For example who would imagine that former ashpits underneath the original Bristol Temple Meads station would be an ideal theatre space?!

It was in one of these unique spaces that I experienced what I think was my first 'immersive' theatrical production, Trainspotting at the Loco Klub in Bristol.

Thankfully this wasn't immersive in that the audience was part of the action but just that the audience shared the stage and at times throughout the performance the action would take place amongst the audience. If you're familiar with the book or the film you will know that it is not at all a easy story to watch or, indeed, have played out within actual touching distance.

Without the distance of a big screen, without the bangin' pop accompaniment, without the reassurance of popular young actors playing these characters, this real, in-yer-face, real-time staging was that much more challenging, dirty, uncomfortable and consequently a whole lot more satisfying than the film.

The dank, hard, claustrophobic caverns of the Loco Klub were the ideal venue.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Audi TT Mk1 Rebuild

  Barn Find I've suspended my CMS21 series for the time being, it may return for occasional one-off specials or if enough viewers demand it! So, while I'm still playing and enjoying the game I thought I would continue to share some of my favourite jobs with you, at least in pictorial form. Thus first one is an Audi TT Mk1 that I found in a barn. The vehicle is a mod created by Bostonawy and includes some wonderful livery choices, as you'll see at the end of this post. So, this is the car I brought back to my Numpty The Car Fixer garage:   As you can see it's in pretty good condition, well, apart from the mechanicals!  For such a quality brand, and at less than £14,000, I was happy to take away this sporty little number as a restoration project. Apart from the accumulated dirt and dust, the body was generally in good shape. For this job, I didn't go overboard on performance, just some tweaking of the ignition and fuel systems but I made sure that some key compone...

Ajaxpost Plays August 2020 Giveaway

Completed! This draw has now been completed and the winners announced: Thank you to everyone who took part! Terms and Conditions General The Ajaxpost Plays August 2020 Giveaway ( the Giveaway ) is a lottery run exclusively by the Ajaxpost Plays YouTube Channel ( Ajaxpost Plays ) YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and any other platforms used to advertise or promote the Giveaway do not sponsor the Giveaway and are in no way responsible or liable for any aspect of the operation of the Giveaway TWO winners may each select ONE of FIVE rewards made available for the Giveaway : The first drawn winner will have the option to choose any ONE of the five rewards The second drawn winner will have the option to choose any ONE of the remaining four rewards Prizes are not exchangeable for any other cash or non-cash benefit If a selected winner does not claim their reward within five days of the result being announced ...

A Retrospective on March

This post was going to be mostly a summary of the activity on my YouTube channel in March but I thought I really should address the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and, umm,  got a bit carried away!  You can avoid my ranting about what has happened by scrolling down to the next headline. 😉  The 'Situation' It took a while for us here in the UK to realise but March was the month that everything changed ! After two weeks of 'lockdown' we're becoming accustomed to a new way of life, isolated in our own homes, either alone or with immediate family we are effectively confined within our homes. Unable to physically meet anyone we don't live with, unable to enjoy of the pleasures that come with socialising with our various communities. And then there is the 'knock-on' impact that has on the economy, the businesses, the organisations and institutions that have become an integral part of our way of life. Our governments may try to protect the bedrock comp...